Thursday, April 23, 2015

Library Loot


I'm officially going back to my library now. Well, still not my library, as that is under construction. I need a new picture though; it's got walls and everything now. A good choice -- although the open air plan was visually interesting, we were thinking it might not be so good for the books.

But I'm going to the back-up library, and with the end of the Double Dog TBR challenge (which I NAILED this year, thank you very much) I can even check stuff out. I'm trying to stay sane about it, though; I can just about fit all my library books on one shelf, and I think that's a good plan.

I had three books on hold, so I let myself grab one extra from the shelves, and then get a back-up Cybils because I'm falling far behind and I don't want to miss any time. And so this is really a reasonable amount of books for a week -- three kidlit books and two genre books, one a re-read.


Wyrd SistersThe Penderwicks in SpringThe Monsters of Morley ManorGreenglass HouseMagic Breaks

So far I've adored the Penderwick books, so I wanted to get my hands on the new one. And I enjoy the adventure and romance of Ilona Andrews books. Wyrd Sisters is for the Sword & Laser book club, and the Bruce Coville book is for my elementary book club; I'll put that aside until early May. And Greenglass House is a Cybils finalist for 2014.


Sons of AnarchyNine Lives I'm enjoying grabbing CDs blindly to play while I clean my house, both because I like being surprised by music and because it keeps me from getting more books (remember, I can only check out as many things as my age). Both these look like good songs to clean the kitchen to.

The Spirit WarSpirit's EndAnd I do love library ebooks. My son is gobbling up all the Rachel Aarons he can get his hands on, after he tasted the Vaginal Fantasy pick Fortune's Pawn by her pseudonym Rachel Bach. While we were waiting for his brother to get off the bus, he requested books four and five in this series, so I pulled out my phone and checked the library catalog before offering him either ebook or paper versions. He wanted ebooks so he'd have them instantly, and VOILA it was done. It's a wonderful world.
badge-4

I'll go sign in to Library Loot which is at The Captive Reader  this week to see what everyone else is getting.  Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Enjoy your loot!

Kathryn T said...

I do want to read Ilona Andrews books at some point. Libraries are great resources, sometimes I forget to try there first when looking for a book!