Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Surprise Me Challenge!

This is a quick challenge that I saw on  I Push Book's blog. I think this used to be an official sign-up type of challenge, but it lapsed. Lucky for me people with expanding TBR lists kept it up long enough for me to notice it.

The idea is that once a month you plug your TBR list (I'll use the one on goodreads) into a number generator, and then read that book. So each month your list goes down by at least one! (Except for all the books you add to it that month, but whatever). And soon everything has been read.

Of course, because of the Triple Dog Dare I can't get the January - March books until April, but hopefully I'll catch up during the year. I'll update this post each month with that month's pick.

2016

January: The Inquisitor's Mark, Diane Salerni. Hey, I actually got this from the library in January, for my kid to read, but I had to avoid it because of the Dare. I like that I picked it for January.

February: Barchester Towers, Anthony Trollope. Hmm. This may be lying around my house somewhere.

March: Positively, Courtney Sheinmel. This is a middle grade book, I think, so not too long. Finished! (11/18/16)

April: The Year of Living Dangerously, Christopher Koch. Received from library. Started. Finished!

May: Spilling Clarence, Anne Ursu. Ordered from paperbackswap. I'm on the second page! I'm finished!

June: #222: Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love, ed. Trisha Telep. 12/29/2011. I started it (in June even!). I finished it (in June even!)! 6/28/16

July: #404: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore, William Joyce 9/10/2012. Completed 7/11/16.

August: #703: Funny in Farsi, Firoozeh Dumas. Completed 7/25/16

September: #675 The Trouble With Boys, Peg Tyre. Completed 10/18/16.

October: Fifth Shelf, Book 16: Rocking the Cradle

November: 14th Shelf, Book 58: Using the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics with Gifted and Advanced Learners, Susan K. Johnsen & Linda J. Sheffield (picked 11/18/16)

No comments: