Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Ten To Try 2023

 

KCLS Challenge: Ten To Try 

Progress:  6/10

King County Library System

Once again my fabulous library system is hosting their Ten to Try Challenge where you try to read books fitting ten categories, and if you succeed, you win happiness beyond compare. Also you may get a button. I love my buttons. Finally, it's an excuse to create a list on the library home page. Lists! Buttons! You see how easy it is for the library to give me happiness.

I'll keep a list and make it public when it gets big enough (four books, I think). Hmm, which library should I ask a staff for a recommendation from... Also that first one is a toughie, because how long is "always"... There are so many.

Anyway, this years challenge categories are:
  1. Book that you always meant to read or reread Busman's Honeymoon, Dorothy Sayers
  2. In translation Ascendance of a Bookworm, Miya Kazuki
  3. Features your favorite season Make Me, tessa Bailey?
  4. About a disaster or weather event The Calculating Stars, Mary Robinette Kowal
  5. Focuses on a person with an illness or disability: Disability Visibility, ed. Alice Wong. Also Spare Man, Mary Robinette Kowal
  6. Explores a culture other than your own: Milk in My Coffee, Eric Jerome Dickey
  7. About a sport or sports figure Call Him Jack,  Yohuru Williams
  8. About a friendship A Lady for a Duke, Alexis Hall
  9. About art or an artist Juniper Harvey
  10. Recommended by staff I'm Glad My Mom Died, Jennette McCurdy

No comments: