Friday, November 5, 2010

Library Loot for the Long-Absent

Hi -- remember me? I used to have a blog?  Well, I'm back.  I was held hostage by aliens for all of October, but I got away.  For a while, anyway, and of course, I immediately went back to the library.

The kind librarians stocked the hold shelf with some tasty treats for me:
  • Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim (for book club)
  • Blood of the Demon, Diana Rowland.  Urban fantasy
  • Would the Vampire People Please Leave the Lobby?, Allyson Beatrice.  I continue my exploration of the Buffy the Vampire phenomenon.  
  • Genius Genes: How Asperger Talents Changed the World, Michael Fitzgerald & Brendan O'Brien.  Since my son's diagnosis I've been reading up on Asperger's, and frankly, he's getting tired of hearing about it.  He's much more cheerful about this title, though.
We then grabbed some music (some that I'll be listening to while the kids are away, oops), so Pokemon films, and then two extra books fell into my bag on the way out:
  • The Demon's Lexicon, Sarah Rees Brennan.  I own this one, but I wanted to reread a few scenes and couldn't be bothered to look too hard for my copy.  I meant to get the sequel too, but some rotten kid beat me to it.
  • Crave, by J.R. Ward.  I promised myself I wouldn't follow the author of the over-the-top Brotherhood Vampires with lots of extra H's into her new series, but I'm curious as to how it reads.  Will the heroes of this series get extra J's in their name? Cjarlos? Brujce? 
Total Books from Library Elf (counting all the kid stuff that I'm legally responsible for even if I hope not to read it): 68. Stuff on my card: 64, but all the boys have lost their cards, so that includes their stuff.

I'll go sign up for Library Loot this week. That's a weekly event hosted in turns by Clare's The Captive Reader and Marg's The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader (this week's host) where bloggers can share their library finds of the week. Some of them make me look restrained.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back

Beth said...

I hope I stay this time.

Linda said...

Enjoy Dress Your Family In Corduroy and Demin. Love David Sedaris.

Claire (The Captive Reader) said...

Welcome back! I hope you enjoy your loot!