Monday, November 15, 2010

Surprise Present: Deeply, Desperately

I've overextended myself at the library again, so I've been trying to cut back. This means avoiding stray books at the displays in the front, so I encourage the kids to help me walk by. N takes this very seriously; he regards my reading habit as a serious distraction and thinks the library would be better off if they got rid of most of the stuff with pages and restocked the shelves with more Transformer movies. Well, some Power Ranger stuff wouldn't go amiss.

Deeply, Desperately: A Lucy Valentine Novel










But one day N was feeling magnanimous, so he grabbed four books from the display and told me to check them out. Since I humor him most days, I did. And one book was Heather Webber's Deeply, Desperately: A Lucy Valentine Novel, the second book about Lucy Valentine and her dedication to true love. The first book was one of the first ARCs I ever read, so it has a special place on my shelves. The books themselves are fluffy romances, with cute special powers (the Valentines can spot true love by people's auras, except for Lucy, whose talent went astray). Lots of little plots spinning around, none really solid enough to look at directly, but a cheerful tone and reassuring manner so we know everything will turn out fine.  B-

No comments: