Saturday, July 7, 2012

Holding the Line at the Library

Renton Library
Required reading is really kicking my tail this summer! I'm forcing myself to finish one of my unread kidlit books before reading anything else, and even when they are quite short, these tough rules have me spinning like a fifth grader asked to write a paragraph before going to the pool. Not that I've ever met such a procrastinator; all my fifth graders graduated. So I had nothing to turn in except two books called home prematurely by the library (dang other people wanting books I planned to renew!).

I had three things on hold -- one book, one movie, one CD. Only one was for me; the others N had forced me to put on my card for the spurious reason that I had forgotten to bring his in to the library last week.

Let's see if anyone can guess which my own pick, and which were not:
Image of itemImage of itemImage of item
  • Transformers Vault: The Complete Transformers Universe. Pablo Hidalgo. An illustrated look at the history of the Transformers brand, complete with many illustrations of games, movies, and toys. It's actually a very beautiful looking book.
  • Transformers Armada: Battle for the Mini-Cons (DVD).
  • Violent Femmes (CD). Inspiration for my first mixed CD -- counting songs!
This left me with 43 items out on my card, still under my age, so I celebrated by buying Sarah Rees Brennan's new book, Team Human. Well, OK, I had bought that in Austin at Book People, because good stores should be supported, just like good authors. If I ever get ahead on this summer reading challenge thing, I'll tell you how much I liked it.

I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader, where all the library addicts compare their treasures.

No comments: