Friday, September 7, 2012

New Library Year

Renton Library
I returned a satisfyingly heavy pile of books today, although I admit one was unread. I'm getting back into balance after this summer's forced march through a large chunk of my unread books, discovering that I'm not very good at reading what I've ordered myself to read, but that I'm usually right and should just read them.

I came home with five seven books. (I almost forgot about the two that my eighth grader absconded with, to my warm fuzzy joy.)
Image of itemImage of itemImage of itemImage of itemImage of itemImage of itemImage of item

  • Eternal Pleasure, Nina Bangs. The Vaginal Fantasy alternate pick, apparently about men who transform into dinosaurs and the women who love them. X says that if I like it he'll try it.
  • Oracle's Moon, Thea Harrison. I think this was last month's alternate pick.
  • Super Human, Michael Carroll. The next book in the Best of the Best list.
  • Alvin Ho: Allergic to Camping, Hiking, and Other Natural Disasters,  Lenore Look. Part of my Reading My Library Quest, which had been mostly suspended over the summer.
  • Commander Perry In the Land of the Shogun, Rhoda Blumberg. I think this is the last of Perrin's suggestions.
  • Foiled, Jane Yolen. From my TBR list. Already confiscated by X.
  • Zita the Space Girl, Ben Hatke. The next Cybils book. Also confiscated. 
I also got two CDs, one by Robyn and one I forget.

This left me with 38 items out on my card, WAY under my age, so I can go buy a book if I want. In fact, I did -- Gone, by Michael Grant, although X probably will read it first. But I'd still like to get that number down into the twenties.

I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader, where all the library addicts compare their treasures.

No comments: