Sunday, March 10, 2013

Great Restraint

Renton LibraryThe weather was so beautiful on Saturday that we went to play outside instead of going to the library. I met up with my brother and we played miniature golf and celebrated P's new stature by racing around in go-carts. Then I raced up to the city to get the boys to a party, and came down via the mall to get myself an early birthday present of a new iphone. Now I'm hip!


Image of itemSo it wasn't until Sunday that I snuck into the library, with a lonely N whose family had abandoned him for the state gymnastics meet. He was a grumpy about being forced to accompany me to retrieve the other boys, from a party he wasn't even invited to! And then the library failed him by being out of Transformer videos. It was very sad, so I only grabbed one thing from the hold shelf; the audio version of Captain Vorpatril's Alliance, which should be ready for listening by the time X reads up that far in the series (he's on Cetaganda now, with Memory afterward, I think). This doesn't count as a book because I own the ebook copy. That's my rational.

This left me with 45 items out on my card, which, thanks to my birthday this week, is now my age! So I can buy a book, although I shouldn't read it yet because of the Double Dog Challenge which I failed last week anyway.

I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader, where all the library addicts compare their treasures. And I think I'll sign up at Tynga's Stacking the Shelves, which asks for all the books acquired. I'm hoping that I control my book-buying better than my library browsing, but at least the NOOK acquisitions won't topple my house!
STSmall_thumb[2]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Hipster! Do something fun to celebrate the half decade.