Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year, New Loot

My library list is still recovering from my challenge-busting blitz last month, especially since any book I particularly liked I put aside to offer my kids. Also, one kid got a NOOK, so I had to feed that a bit. But now things are going to straighten up around here, because, as I announce on Saturday, I have commenced the TRIPLE DOG DARE of not getting new books until April 1st. Stuff on the hold shelf doesn't count, of course. That would be rude.

That's why I could come home with two new books from the library (and three 3 CDs for the car):
Hawkes HarborConstellation-Games-Final

  • Hawkes Harbor, S.E. Hinton. This is clearly a late-arriving book for the geography challenge, chosen for its setting in Delaware. But I'm interested to see what later Hinton looks like, and I'm guessing Delaware will be a tough state again this year, so Yay!
  • Constellation Games, Leonard Richardson. If I meet him at Foolscap this year I want to be confident discussing his book.
badge-4This means I now have 43 things out on my library cards, including ebooks. By my rules, I qualify to buy a book, but of course, NO DICE because of the challenge. I'll save it up for when I need it. I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief where all the library addicts compare their treasures.

No comments: