Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What's In A Name? Serendipity Version 2013

This year I almost ran out of time to do the challenges I was working on, so I didn't add some others that I like to do. So on the last day of the year I decided to see how I would have done.

One of my favorite challenges is Beth Fish Read's What's In a Name  Challenge. She comes up with six categories and you try to read a book from each. Turns out, I made it!

  1. A book with up or down (or equivalent) in the title: 
    1. Succubus on Top
    2. A Rising Thunder
    3. Under the Mesquite
  2. A book with something you'd find in your kitchen in the title: 
    1. Lies, Knives, and Girls in Red Dresses
    2. Dark Currents (x2 -- two books with the same title)
    3. Cold Cereal
    4. An Apple for the Creature
    5. Bread and Roses Too
    6. Fleas, Flies, and Friars
  3. A book with a party or celebration in the title:
    1. The Wake of the Lorelei Lee
    2. The Con Job
  4. A book with fire (or equivalent) in the title: 
    1. Smokescreen
    2. Frost Burned
    3. The Fire Lord's Lover
  5. A book with an emotion in the title: 
    1. Wonder
    2. Rapture
    3. The Geography of Bliss
    4. Kris Longknife: Furious
    5. Happy Ever After
    6. Faith, Hope, and Ivy June
  6. A book with lost or found (or equivalent) in the title: 
    1. Looking For Alaska
    2. Hide and Seek
    3. The Lost Fleet books
    4. Aunt Dimity and the Lost Prince

No comments: