Saturday, October 10, 2015

Thank Heavens For Libraries

I actually went to the library about four times this week, although I only let myself check stuff out once. The printer went into a snit and now refuses to talk to any computer, which made the production of hard copy of homework difficult. So several nights saw me zipping off to the library just before closing time to bring home evidence of my kids' hard work. It's nice to know that the library has our back when technology goes wrong.

But Thursday I could go and roam around, and then put my hands in my pockets and only check out what was on the hold shelf. Then I forced my younger son to pick out two new music CDs for me to houseclean to

The hold shelf three good looking books:
The Traitor Baru CormorantUnderground AbductorDreams Underfoot
The Traitor Baru Cormorant, Seth Dickinson. This is the Sword and Laser pick for this month.

The Underground Abductor, Nathan Hale. My family book club just read a previous Hazardous Tales, which led to me noticing this one, so I ordered it up. It has been stolen by my eldest, but I'll get it back long before I finish the rest of the stuff I have started.

Dreams Underfood, Charles de Lint. Strongly recommended by a friend with good taste.

Kitty WellsThe Swon Brothers
Kitty Wells and The Swon Brothers. I don't even know what genre these are. I hope they are good to clean the kitchen to.

I also put some books on my NOOK from the library:
Autobiography of A FaceGateway
Autobiography of a Face, Lucy Grealy.
Gateway, Sharon Shinn.  Both of these have been on my TBR list for years.

I've currently got 42 things out from the library, including ebooks, music, books for me, and books for the kids. I'm clearly making better assessments of my time for reading, and anyway this is down from last week.

I finished the first Large Print book for my Library Quest (Margaret Atwood's Stone Mattress), and I started the next. I'm already on the B's!

badge-4I'll go sign in to Library Loot which is at  somewhere that I can't find at The Captive Reader this week to see what everyone else is getting.  Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. 

No comments: