I wish I were the kind of person who likes exercise. Every now and then I convince myself that I will become that person, and then I sign up for a 5K, and then I hate it. Repeat every few months.
This run was worth than usual, since I forgot my phone and had to run with only my thoughts for company. Worst morning ever. It took me all day Monday and a giant slice of ice cream cake to recover (my nephew was supposed to help with the cake, but he backed out at the last minute due to the presence of caramel).
I also never got settled into reading anything this week. I'd pick up books, push the bookmarks along a bit, and then wander off. I read a lot of fanfiction on my computer, but mostly I just moped.
This week I finished one whole book, plus an audio book which barely counts since I'd read the paper version before:
I started another one, just so my piles of currently reading would still look awful, and I went to the next audio book:
City of Stairs, Robert Bennett, which was the Sword and Laser pick a few months back.
The High Druid's Blade, Terry Brooks. From the next audio book shelf of the library, as part of my Library Quest to read something from every shelf.
Bookjourney's "It's Monday" posts are still on hiatus (although she's back to reading and blogging, hooray to her!) but I'll peek in at with Teach Mentor Texts although I didn't read any kid book.
2015 Challenge Progress:
- Cybils 2014: Complete! I bought the last one as the libraries didn't seem to have it. WOOT!
- Where Am I Reading?: 34/51. I've now got three or four Missouri books. Humph.
- Reading My Library: Woot -- my library reopened! Finished the 2nd audio book and started the third.
- Award Winning Book Challenge: I have apparently stopped reviewing books. But I've ticked off many awards.
- Book Riot Read Harder: 22/24. I still need an African author and a book of short stories.
- Alphabetically Inclined: I V X Z still missing. 22/26
- Best of the Best 2012: 52/25. I am stalled. Maybe time to go back?