Friday, January 22, 2016

The Triple Dog Dare Barks For Me

badge-4
My library bag was rather light as I came home today, because only a few exceptions to my No New Books slipped through. On the other hand, I've almost managed to fit the books I've checked out from the library onto two shelves in my TBR bookcase, so that's progress! Ideally I will get that down to half a shelf, and then force myself to maintain that.

Both new books were for my Friday book club, one for the February book and one that I think is scheduled for March but we keep pushing it back. John Green has a reputation for depressing books, and my club is firmly against downer reading. Station Eleven was a bit grim for us. We are a book club dedicated to good times, and we aren't ashamed to own that.

The hold shelf gave me:
The Wednesday WarsPaper Towns
The Wednesday Wars, Gary Schmidt. I've read this before and liked it, but I can't find my copy. Probably I read it from the library.

Paper Towns, John Green. Someone already read this and said that he doesn't kill off any of the kids in this one, so maybe I'll like it. I hope the kids don't smoke. I'm a parent; they shouldn't let me see that.

I also got some ebooks:
Radiance
Radiance, Grace Draven. This is the Vaginal Fantasy pick for this month. I just finished last month's pick, so I'm a little behind.

I've currently got 44 things out from the library, including ebooks, books for me, and books for the kids. The TBR Triple Dare is already working! That's one less than last week! And the ebooks will keep falling off; I've read all but two of them but I haven't mastered returning things early.

I'll go sign in to Library Loot which is at Silly Little Mischief this week to see what everyone else is getting.  Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. 

I'm continuing my Library Quest.  I'm still in the Large Print Fiction section, so everything feels thick and important. Currently I'm reading The Miracle at Speedy Motors by Alexander McCall Smith and listening to Hild by Nicola Griffith. Hild is sometimes too interesting (I read while driving), so I also put Between Planets by Robert Heinlein in the car so I can listen while getting where I plan to go, instead of where I usually go, which has happened a few times with Hild. If I want to go where I usually go, then it is safe to listen to an engrossing story.




No comments: