Saturday, October 21, 2017

Dewey 24Hour Readathon 2017!

readathonbuttonIt's time for another 24 Hour Readathon! I link up with the Dewey 24 Hour Readathon, which is held twice a year. This is the Fall one, and it's a chance for me to clear off some of the 20-odd books I'm currently maintaining bookmarks in. So I hope to get a lot of titles, but it's really not that impressive.

This year I'm not going all out -- my son is in town from college so I'd rather hang out with him. But he's also going out with friends, so won't even notice me devouring a book or five. So I'll see how far I get.

It starts for me at 5:00 AM, Oct 21st, but I'll start around 10:00 AM PST..  I'll track books read, time read, and maybe do some challenges. There will be stuff happening at the home blog, as well as things going on at the Goodreads group around the readathon: Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon.


Books I Opened:
  • Helliconia Spring p. 313
  • Little Fuzzy (Disc 4, Track 11)
  • Primary Inversion (28%)
  • The Flame in the Mist  p. 229
  • NutureShock p. 11
  • Someplace to Be Flying, p. 217
  • Mango and Bambang
  • Hostage p. 169
Books I Finished:
  1. Helliconia Springs, Brian Aldiss
  2. Primary Inversion, Catherine Asaro (ebook version)
Challenges Attempted:
  • 10 Years, 10 Books
  • #CoverFromMemory
  • MadLibs: "It all happened too ADVERB. We were VERBING down a ADJECTIVE corridor toward NOUN/PLACE; then I was in a ADJECTIVE NOUN with white NOUNs, surrounded by NOUNS in white uniforms. One tried to take me into another PLACE. When he wouldn't VERB, I VERBED him over my BODYPART, and he hit the ground with a resounding NOUN, his hospital CLOTHING ripping along the seams."  ==> "It all happened too virtuosically. We were crocheting down a sparse corridor toward an earthquake; then I was in a flaming tamale with white itches, surrounded by paranoias in white uniforms. One tried to take me into another District of Columbia. When he wouldn't vibrate, I curtsied him over my arm, and he hit the ground with a resounding coin purse, his hospital pants ripping along the seams."
  • Make New Friends

Time Count:

10AM - 1 PM: 3 hours.

1 pm - 8:00 : 9.5 hours (30 minute diner)
8:00 - 1 AM == 13.5 hours

This was a much gentle readathon for me -- I took time to check out blogs, didn't obsess over page counts, and was willing to talk to people even while reading my book. Still fun, but not as obsessive.

Hopefully I can obsess in the spring!



No comments: