Saturday, October 20, 2018

October 2018 Dewey 24 Hour Readathon!

readathonbuttonIt's time for another 24 Hour Readathon! I link up with the Dewey 24 Hour Readathon, which is held twice a year. This is the Fall one, and I've got a pile of Cybils reading to plow through, so it's time to get reading!

Start: 5:00 AM:

I cleverly decided to stay up late finishing The Problematic Paradox instead of waking up at 5 to read it. So it didn't count and I slept in. Oops!

8:00 AM Wake Up!

I picked up Flip the Silver Switch and started reading. I'm not sure when I switched over from dreaming I was reading to actually reading, but it was sometime after 8.

12:00 noon. Check in!

Finished Flip the Silver Switch. About to start Endling: The Last.

6:00 PM Checking in again.

Finished Endling: The Last.
Snuck in a nap for an hour.
Read a chapter or two in Lady Rogue.

Back to middle grade: about to start The Magic Misfits.

9:00 PM : Check in.

Finished The Magic Misftis.
Another chapter of Lady Rogue.
Looking at Across the Dark Water.

10:00 PM Check in!
Got about 100 pages into Across the Dark Water.  I can tell I will need breaks.
Finished Lady Rogue to build momentum.
Time to drive for snacks and hit my audio books.

4:30 AM Check in!

As I got tired, my reading got scattered. So far I'm at
162 pages in Across the Dark Water
114 pages in The Marvelous Adventures of Glendolyn Grat

and then I switched to reading on my computer, which distorts the page numbers:
147/378 of Otherwood
89/856 of Blue Window

and a few pages of The Rules and Regulations For Mediating Myths & Magic.

Also a lot of fanfic. I'll keep reading Otherwood (and fanfic) until 5:00 hits, and then close my eyes and be instantly asleep.



No comments: