Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes: Switch

Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard

Our book club continues its intellectual glide with Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard, by Chip and Dan Heath, a popular culture book about the science of making changes.  It's a fast read, covering various studies about decision making and decision sticking, with the premise that making a change involves both an intellectual and emotional commitment as well as mechanisms to make it work.  If I could sew, I would make a sampler of the quote "Great journeys begin with a single step.  So do ambling walks that end up going nowhere."  Actually, that's not a direct quote, since I had to give the book to my sister so she could read the book.

Oh, anyone want to join us this Friday?  It's bring-a-friend week, but I forgot to invite any friends.

I can't think too much about the book yet, because then I wouldn't have anything to say at the club, but maybe I'll come back and update after our meeting.  But today is the day I read it.

No comments: