Friday, September 9, 2011

Library On Thursdays

Renton Library
Due to the new school year and schedule changes and life in general, library day has moved to Thursdays.  It is mandatory for all children that I can access, despite their howls and moanings.  I may not be able to make them drink, but I can darn sure chain them to the water.  And most of them stumble across books there anyway.

I limited myself to hold options, since my check-out list has approached sanity:
  • How Starbucks Saved My Life, Michael Gates.  From my TBR list, its a life journey book.
  • Milo, Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze, Alan Silberberg.  A Cybils finalist.
  • Shipbreaker, Paolo Bacigalupi.  Another Cybils book, one that has been lauded everywhere and so I've avoided it.  
  • Heat, Nancy Holder.  Another Buffy book by Holder.
  • Dazzled and Deceived, Peter Forbes.  Another from my TBR list, which I wish were shorter.
Then two kids picked out a CD case each, so I declared victory and fled the scene.  Tensions were high since I had earlier ruined one child's life and grudges were being held.  Also, some kids kept casting their eyeballs at other kids, said eyeballs apparently being much too heavy to cast without causing severe pain.
    That brings me to 39 items out on my card, officially under my age.  It is true that my nephew checked a few things out for me during the library technical challenge, but I also have some stuff out for other people so it all balances.  I win!  Clearly I deserve a B&N gift card.  Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Clare from The Captive Reader take turns with the linky for Library Loot. That's where all us library lovers go to compare our hauls for the week.

    No comments: