Friday, February 14, 2014

Restraint at the Library: 2nd Month

Image of Renton
badge-4I had a busy afternoon on Thursday, since I frittered away the morning useless until I suddenly realized I  had an hour left to do all the day's work. Oops. So I didn't get to the library until after dark, and I had to go all alone into the sacred space, despite the fact that I'm still on the Triple Dog Dare and trying not to check out new things.

Luckily my Cybils dispensation means that I had a few books waiting for me on the hold shelf, and then I let myself pick up a few music CDs as a break from the audio book I'm listening to (Rotters, which is a bit graphically gross for my taste).
The Boy Who Loved MathLocomotiveReplay
The Boy Who Loved Math, Deborah Heiligman. I like the numbers flying about like butterflies for Erdos to chase.
Locomotive, Brian Floca. I may not have had many books on the hold shelf, but I did have the biggest!
Replay, Ken Grimwood. I've had this ebook on hold for so long that I can't remember who recommended it to me.
This means I now have 39 things out on my library cards, including ebooks. I'm much older than that!  I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief where all the library addicts compare their treasures.

Book credits banked: Seven (Usually I reward myself by buying a book if my library total is less than my age, but since I can't actually buy anything right now I'm counting up these credits.)

No comments: