Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July Book Clubs

Friday slows things down a little bit, since I don't have the school clubs, and there's more time in general for lying about reading. So what am I reading this month with my clubs?

Death Cloud (Young Sherlock Holmes, #1)Ancillary Justice (Imperial...Rhapsody: Child of Blood (S...A Court of Thorns and Roses...Saga, Volume 1


Friday Friends Club

This is what I think of when I say "I'm in a book club;" it's the one I host most often and hate to miss. We pick books because we want to read them, and sometimes we are wrong about that but usually not.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/84655869@N08/7820440138: Carrie Baughcum


Death Cloud, Andrew Lane

This was a nice easy read about Sherlock Holmes as a teenager, learning about observation and the fun of solving murder cases and talking to girls. Since I don't remember any mention of the other kids in any Holmes story from his adulthood, I'm going on the assumption that Lane kills off all his original characters at the end of his series, so I'm trying not to get too attached. Then we read a Patricia Briggs book for August.

Tuesday Night Movie Book Club.

https://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2013/07/13/12/34/book-159880_960_720.png
We are supposed to finish Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie by next Tuesday, and I'm a bit behind. It has already led to the watching of a truly horrid film whose name I have expunged from my memory.




Vaginal Fantasy:


Rhapsody: Child of Blood, Elizabeth Haydon
A Court of Thorns and Roses, Sarah J Maas (alt pick)
Saga, Brian Vaughan

Vaginal Fantasy calls for the most reading, with the main and the alt and the graphic novel that the local meet-up adds, but they are usually worthwhile. Especially last month, when the main was so awful that I couldn't force my eyes to read it, so I was glad to have other reading.


Sword & Laser
City of Stairs (The Divine ...Annihilation (Southern Reac...

Time Traders, Andre Norton is this months pick, and I'm guessing it is a reread from many years ago (almost forty, probably).

No comments: