Saturday, July 9, 2016

Team Members Don't Need Common Sense

badge-4
I spent a lot of time this week shopping for my reading time, as we have to build a long book chain. So I've reserved many ebooks but some of them may get replaced. A book chain is where you link titles by their first and last words -- Bad Blood to Blood Fury to Fury in Action and so on. I must say that our library search engine does need seem designed with this in mind; how odd.

And of course, I'm ordering up this month's book club books and still working on my Cybils stuff.

My hold shelf loot was mainly book club books:

SagaA Court of Thorns and Roses

Saga, Brian Vaughan. I'm hit or miss with Vaughan, but my local meet-up picked this for our comic so I'm glad of the excuse to try it.

A Court of Thorns and Roses, Sarah Mass. This was the other pick and again it's something I already had on my to-read list.

Plus a few for my Team Tapirs reading team and the Surprise Me Challenge:
The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris LessmoreBad BloodHotel Ruby

The Fantastic Flying Books for Mr. Morris Lessmore, William Joyce. My next Surprise Me book. This is a picture book so I should finish it in July.

Bad Blood, Dana Stabenow. I'm hoping these are easy words to link up, but the original plan fell by the wayside.

Hotel Ruby, Suzanne Young. Finished this already -- it linked up with something Hotel and Ruby Red.


Also, I also grabbed many ebooks, mostly for the Team Tapirs:
This Book Is Overdue!AmericaBorn of FuryShadows and LightCards of Grief

This Book Is Overdue, Marilyn Johnson. Possible book chain.

America, Dinesh D'Souza. Possible book chain.

Born of Fury, Sherrilyn Kenyon. Possible book chain.

Shadows and Light, Ann Bishop. Possible book chain.

Cards of Grief, Jane Yolen. Possible book chain. Also a Yolen I haven't read, so good anyway.

That's a total of 36 things out, which includes a lot of vacation reading.  I'll go look at the Library Loot which is at Silly Little Mischiev this week to see what everyone else is getting.  Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post - feel free to steal the button (that pile of books up at the top) - and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. 

Library Questing

Here I document any progress I make in my Quest to read a book from every shelf in my local library.
The Darling Dahlias and the Eleven O'Clock Lady The Darling Dahlias and the Eleven O'Clock Lady, Susan Wittig Albert. I liked this mystery about the death of a young telephone operator just before America got into World War II. The new detective in the small town was earnest and young in his detecting, and the various lives of different people opened up as they explained their connection to the victim. The author managed to both show the current attitudes and judgements without violating our more relaxed expectations; the victim was pregnant and there were questions about who the father could be, which may or may not have relevance to the final suspect list.

I'm still enjoying the audio version of Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver. I'm on disc 7 of the latter, and I managed to renew it.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I've been enjoying Saga. Hope you like it.