Monday, August 8, 2016

Eyes Getting Tired

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
I think I'm reading too much; my head is getting stuffy. So I'm glad I took a day to visit the Renaissance Faire, and I lost another day at a Leadership conference for the local PTA, which was rewarding but not quite as much fun.

The Book Date does a weekly roundup of what people are reading, want to read, have read each week called It's Monday! What Are You Reading and I'm going to sign up. There's also a version that is kidlit focussed, and as that is a particular interest of mine, I check in with either Teach Mentor Text or UnLeashing Readers for their version.

My pile of books for this week:

Find MeThe Blackthorn Key (The Blackthorn Key, #1)A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)One Hundred and One Famous ...Front Lines (Soldier Girl, #1)The Crocodile's Last Embrace (Jade del Cameron Mysteries, #6)The Ordeal of ChangeSaga, Volume 1Coraline

Find Me, Rosie O'Donnell.

The Blackthorn Key, Kevin Sands. The next Cybils book,

A Court of Thorns and Roses, Susan Maas.

101 Famous Poems, ed. Roy Cook.

Front Lines, Michael Grant.

The Crocodile's Last Embrace, Suzanne Arruda. The next Reading My Library book, set in Kenya (I think).

The Ordeal of Change, Eric Hoffer.

Saga (Vol 1), Brian Vaughan.

Coraline, Neil Gaiman.

I started and am still reading more books:

The Three-Body Problem (Remembrance of Earth’s Past, #1)Blackbird Fly

The Three Body Problem, Cixin Liu

Blackbird Fly, Erin Entrada Kelly. The next Cybils book.

Bookmarks moved in several books:

The Flowers of AdonisChanges (Valdemar: Collegium Chronicles, #3)The Hollow Boy (Lockwood & Co. #3)

The Flowers of Adonis, Rosemary Sutcliff. Athens self-destructs.

Changes, Mercedes Lackey. The next Reading My Library audio, after I ran out of time with the Kingsolver.

The Hollow Boy, Jonathan Stroud.

The next few books I'm not really reading, just dipping into between the books I'm trying to finish so that I can pretend that I'm going to read the books on my bookcases.


A Traitor to Memory (Inspector Lynley, #11)The Emerald Atlas (The Books of Beginning, #1)KenilworthSammy Keyes and the Psycho Kitty Queen (Sammy Keyes, #9)Reading and Learning to ReadThe Quantum Universe: Everything That Can Happen Does Happen

A Traitor To Memory, Elizabeth George.
Emerald Atlas, John Stephens. The big sister has a terrible idea.
Kenilworth, Walter Scott. The lady flees although we aren't sure who pursueth.
Sammy Keyes and the Psycho Kitty Queen, Wendelin Van Draanen.
The Quantum Universe, Brian Cox & Jeff Forshaw.
Reading and Learning To Read, Jo Vacca.

2016 Challenge Progress:
  1. Cybils 2015: 35 out of 82. Finished The Blackthorn Key. Started Blackbird Fly.
  2. Reading My Library:  On Disc 4 of Mercedes Lackey's Changes. Finished reading The Crocodile's Last Embrace.
  3. Where Am I Reading?: 37/51. No freebies this week. I've got a Maine book in my sights, though.
  4. Full House Challenge:  25/25!
  5. Library Challenge: I'm at 147. 
  6. Diversity Challenge 2016: 12/12. 10/12. Got the autistic book. Poetry may be harder. Started tracking religion for August. If the author makes it clear somewhere, I'll put that, otherwise what the characters mention about themselves.
  7. Shelf Love Challenge 2016:  33. Beating my goal already -- thanks Team Tapirs!
  8. Grown-Up Reading Challenge 2016: 19/20. Coraline was banned. Need Pulizer.
  9. Eclectic Reader Challenge 2016: 11/12. Grabbed the immigrant experience but need a debut in 2016.
  10. Surprise Me Challenge:  Ooh, time to pick the August book! Wait, I did that early and already read it. Okay, time to go back to the January book!
  11. Flash Bingo: Summer time! New bingo card! Stuck on the last few squares!
  12. Literary Exploration Challenge: 12/12. Now I'll work on the 36 challenge -- 31/36

1 comment:

kmitcham said...

Faire was fun.

The Last Wish, Andrzej Sapkowski is also a book club book. I just finished it over lunch. Sort of... abrupt? ending.