This year she has kindly provided some links to goodreads suggestions for the categories, some of which look a bit daunting to me.
- A book about books (fiction or nonfiction): 100 Best Books for Children, Anita Silvey 2/20/16
- Serial killer thriller: Airtight, David Rosenfelt 4/2/16
- Paranormal romance: Pillars of the World, Anne Bishop 4/2/16
- A novel set on an island: Not Always a Saint, Mary Jo Putney 3/18/16 (are the British Islands cheating?
- Investigative journalism (non fiction): The Spies of Mississippi, Rick Bowers 3/12/16
- Disaster fiction: An Inheritance of Ashes, Leah Bobet 4/17/16
- Steampunk sci fi: Radiance, Catherynne Valente 3/10/16
- Any book shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize: A Spool of Blue Thread, Anne Tyler 4/30/16
- Psychology (non fiction): Quiet, Susan Cain, 5/1/16
- Immigrant Experience fiction: Listen, Slowly, Trannha Lai 7/16/16, Funny in Farsi, Firoozeh Dumas 7/25/16
- YA historical fiction: Bride's Story 6, Kaoru Mori 2/21/16
- A debut author in 2016: Hour of the Bees, Lindsay Eager 8/16/16
Book about books? That's my jam. I'm reading one right now, so I'll count that. Likewise for YA, paranormal, and debut authors. Serial killer, steampunk, island and immigrants are a little off my beaten path. The nonfictions will be fun, and the Man Booker might slay me. So wish me luck!