Friday, February 5, 2016

Sad Lootless Library

badge-4This is the weekend of Foolscap, my favorite literary convention. It's a time to talk about books (mostly science fiction and fantasy books, but anything is possible), buy books, trade books, and also have fun. It will be a good time to restore my soul, because that Triple Dog Dare is really hurting.

I got nothing from the library today. A few days ago I picked up a book for a book club I help run at the elementary school, and I managed to read a few picture books, but no holds came in and I have all the books for the rest of this month's book clubs. Sniff.
The Tale of Despereaux
Tale of Despereaux, Kate DiCamillo. For my Thursday elementary book club. Actually, this wasn't on the hold shelf, as a new local library had it without me even asking.

I've currently got 42 things out from the library, including ebooks, books for me, and books for the kids. That's the same as last week, but I hope it will trend downward as the hold avalanche slows.

I'll go look at the  Library Loot which is at The Captive Reader this week to see what everyone else is getting.  Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. 

I'm continuing my Library Quest.  I'm still in the Large Print Fiction section, so everything feels thick and important.

I'm reading Toni Morrison's God Help the Children, although so far there's been a lot of whining about a lost boyfriend, which I find tedious. There are hints of many other interesting things (job, family, childhood events) so I hope the attention turns or I get hooked by whatever Morrison is doing.

I'm still listening to Hild by Nicola Griffith.

No comments: