Sunday, October 25, 2009

Library Restraint Last Thursday


Last Thursday I went to two libraries, and only checked out the books on my list. And some picture books. And some music. So I have clearly become a paragon of self control, and soon will be able to fit all my book in the library crate.

I got:
  • Liar, by Justine Larbalestier,
  • Homecoming (Mercy Thompson), a graphic novel by Patricia Briggs and David Lawrence (and really, graphic novels should only count half, because they are short)
  • Good Poems, the audio version. Now I can read and listen. I was going to skip the music and just listen to poems in the car all week, but when my sons heard this plan they panicked and got me a few music CD's as well. It was cute watching their little faces blanch with fear.
A few interesting picture books rounded out my bag. I think P checked out Sammy Keyes #2, and A hauled home some Tintins, Star Wars things, and a few videos. A successful outing for all. Next week I have to see how to lure my niece and nephew along as well.

No comments: