Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thursday Library Overindulgence (Again)


Another day of complete failure at library restraint. I believe I am inching towards having 80 books out, with at least two known to be lost. Oops.

First, the hold shelves:
  • Child of fire / Harry Connolly.
  • Countdown to summer : 180 poems for every day of the school year / by J. Patrick Lewis (This one was completely worth it, since my fifth grader snuck it and started reading it. Reading POETRY.)
  • Good poems / selected and introduced by Garrison Keillor.
  • How to ditch your fairy / Justine Larbalestier. (Next book club book. Or the one after that, actually. Oops.)
  • Sammy Keyes and the cold hard cash / by Wendelin Van Draanen.
Then, because I had too many books out already, I let some more fall into my bag:
  • A weed by any other name : the virtues of a messy lawn, or learning to love the plants we don't plan
  • Wanting Mor / Rukhsana Khan.
  • Where the mountain meets the moon / Grace Lin.
  • The necessary beggar
I'm ignoring any music CD's. I did get some more picture books, because I'm really enjoying them, especially when my kids read them to me:
  • Jojo's flying side kick / by Brian Pinkney.
  • A cold winter's Good Knight /
  • The day I swapped my dad for two goldfish / [words, Neil Gaiman ; pictures, Dave McKean]
  • Bad frogs
  • Crazy hair
  • Lousy rotten stinkin' grapes
  • Most loved in all the world
  • Only a witch can fly
  • Pennies for elephants
  • The great nursery rhyme disaster
  • The prairie train /

No comments: