I misjudged some hold rates this week, so I picked up a few too many books, especially with my spring challenge goal of getting down to a reasonable pile. Oh well. Also, I went by myself, but only got one extra book. Go me!
My hold shelf offered up:
- Demon's Covenant Sarah Rees Brennan. Which I've already read and then went back to savor the tasty bits. This YA book is better than chocolate.
- Never Less Than a Lady, Mary Jo Putney. I also read this one, mainly because I got to hang out during a choir rehearsal. Reading was better than accidentally singing along and ruining their concentration.
- The Power of Reading, Stephen D Krashen. Teacher book about reading. I like reading. I like reading about reading. I like reading about reading about reading, but there aren't many books about that.
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth, Carrie Ryan. Another YA that I've heard a lot about. It sounds like Witch of Blackbird Pond with Zombies.
- Stolen Innocence, Elissa Wall. Child polygamist escapes after a forced marriage. Memoir.
- Five Odd Honors. Jane Lindskold. Another book in the mah jong fantasy series which I've been enjoying.
- Lifelode, Jo Walton. I've enjoyed everything she's written so far, but in very different ways. It will be interesting to see what this one does.
- Thunder at Gettysburg, Patricia Lee Gauch. A picture book. In addition to doing my library read, I'm also going through the recommended lists. A few times my library recommended books they didn't have, so I request 'em.
- Ten Little Mice, Joyce Dunbar. Another picture book; I do believe this is the last one on my preschooler recommends list! I can now replace it with the new edition.
Nine holds is a lot for my reformed self, so I hustled myself away before checking anything out other than four CD's and:
- The Gaslight Dogs, Karen Lowachee.
Last week I checked out a few books but not that many, including another Kate Braestrup memoir. And I found the book I loaned P but can't remember where I put it. Too bad I didn't put it in my library bag...
Total Books from Library Elf (counting all the kid stuff that I'm legally responsible for even if I hope not to read it): 76. Stuff on my card: 68. Overdue and not at hand: 1.