Thursday, May 27, 2010

Yummy Popcorn Book: Rebels and Strangers


I've been in a bit of a reading slump, surrounding myself with piles and piles of partially read books but not really committing to anything. So I decided to take the pressure off with a fun science fiction romance, because the combination of space ships, sex, and a guaranteed happy endings was just what I needed. Luckily for me my local library had a Linnea Sinclair book on their recommended shelf, and her Rebels and Lovers hit the spot nicely.

You've got your super-rich but loyal and sexy computer savvy hero, your spunky but in a tight-spot space freighter pilot heroine, and lots of spies and backstabbing and hyperspace. The action moves along, the characters behave mostly like grown-ups, and all was well -- I finished the book before seeing something shiny in the shelf across the room! This is actually the fifth book in her universe, and it was easy to spot the characters featured in earlier books (because they were married and happy) but I didn't feel I missed anything. This book had much lower goal posts than the White book I just read, but it managed to hit them squarely. B+

1 comment:

kmitcham said...

hitting what you aim at is important