Blah blah blah age limits. Clearly a bad idea whose time has passed under the bridge and over the hill. I mean, it's not like I'm going crazy or anything. Music is important, and just because I'm checking out more than I'm returning doesn't mean that there is a problem here. It's a slow trend, which is almost the same as a reversing trend. And soon I'll start turning the music back in, and everything will be fine.
I barely even picked up my holds because of an unfortunate incident involving a foot impacting other people that not even loud shouts of SORRY could expunge, so we had a hasty exit that precluded extensive browsing. It's very handy that the CDs are kept next to the hold shelf, indeed.
On hold was:
- Guardian of the Dead. I think this is a Cybils book.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Panel to Panel: the Art of the Comics. I don't actually like the comics, but maybe I'll like reading about them.
And not technically on hold (except the kidz bop) but practically sitting up and asking me to check them out:
- Trust Me On This, Jennifer Crusie. From the top picks, and really, this is for my sister. I'm sure she'll let me read it, though.
- Once Upon a Royal Superbaby, from the new picture book sections.
- Art and Max, also new picture book.
- Kidz Bop 6. I recognize none of these songs. This was during my kids music and classical period.
Turning around, I grabbed 4 CDs from the middle shelf of the music section, so that we are listening to:
- La Fuerza del Amor, which does not appear to be in English
- Ghazal: Lost Songs of the Silk Road: Persian and Indian Improvisations, which looks fascinating
- Pocket Full of Gold. I guess this is about leprechauns? I seem to have been in the regional section of music.
- Nobody Love, Nobody Gets Hurt. This one looks like I might have picked it with my eyes open.
There will not be nearly as much singing-along in the car this week, I tell you.
Which brings my total to 48, which is actually the same number as last week. I must have turned in more than I remembered. But at least one book isn't showing up on my list; I think the librarian forgot to scan it. Or maybe she just likes me. X is also over his limit, but he has the excuse that I made him check out a bunch of music for me. The library loot button is at Clare's at The Captive Reader this week; I'll go sign in.