Monday, February 28, 2011

It's Monday! What Am I Reading?

This is probably a bad time to start this weekly check, because I just got back from vacation.  I brought a ton of books along, and let myself snack on anything I wanted, so now I am nibbling away at a small pile of books.  Oh well, I'll catch up by the next vacation.  This meme is hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

In general I'm trying to whittle down my currently-reading pile, although it's hard to see that right now.  I like to read a library book, a book from my TBR shelves, and a social book (for book club or a challenge or something).  Then I'll be working on anything new I've purchased, as well as a current interest (right now it's all things Buffy).  So, that's my excuses.

Books I completed:
  • Sammy Keyes and the Wedding Crasher, by Wendelyn Van Draanen
  • Bobby Vs Girls (Accidentally), Lisa Yee
  • Trust Me on This, Jennifer Crusie
  • Alien Tango, Gini Koch
  • The Magnificent 12: The Call, Michael Grant
Bookmarks still in:
  • Eli the Good, by Silas House (ARC I got in the mail, so top of my TBR pile)
  • Working Words, by M.L. Liebler (for Wisconsin challenge)
  • Guardian of the Dead, Karen Healey (for Cybils challenge, moved up because it is due)
  • Territory, Emma Bull (vacation book)
  • Hammered, Elizabeth Bear (vacation book)
  • Bad Prince Charlie, John Moore (vacation book)
  • Interior Life, Katherine Blake (vacation book)
  • Glass Harmonica, Louise Marley (vacation book)
  • The Rogue's Return, Jo Beverly (vacation book)
  • The Hob's Bargain, Patricia Briggs (vacation book)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Panel to Panel, Scott Allie (Buffy book)
I actually have bookmarks in a few other books, but I'm not actively reading them.

I put aside two books because I realized that I don't actually want to read them:
  • Sinful in Satin, by Madelyn Hunter, because I read the end on the plane and didn't care enough about the characters to see how they got there
  • Crossfire, by Francis (father and/or son, I'm not sure) because I'm just not in the mood
In other challenge news, I've read 11 Cybils books, started my first Michigan book, read a few more Sci-Fi books, and checked off a few more states for Where Am I Reading.  No names, and I'm trying to decide if some books are off-kilter enough for 20/11,

    1 comment:

    Teddyree said...

    Wow you do have a lot of books on the go! I havent read anything by Jennifer Crusie but I'm keen to. Sounds like you had a fun vacation, have a great week and happy reading :)