Each Monday Sheila at Book Journey asks about how the reading week went -- what people read, what they are reading, what they will read. This May has been rainy and cold, and I find myself just dipping into rereads insteadof concentrating on new reading. With an overwhelming library pile this is not a good thing.
What did I read?
- Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales, short stories by Tamora Pierce
- Flying Solo, kidlit book about six graders running their class for a day with no teacher
- Betti on the High Wire, next Cybils middle grade book
- Dirt Road Home, my first Cybils YA
- Dead Reckoning, the next Sookie Stackhouse
What trends do I see? I'm lazy. On the plus size, my currently reading pile is trending downward, which is a good thing.
Right now I'm reading:
- Cagebird, Karin Lowachee. Leftover from trip.
- Unshapely Things, Mark Del Franco. Urban fantasy in Massachusetts. I misplaced it for a while.
- Virtual Community, Howard Rheingold. Book about the Well in the 90's. Interesting perspective.
- Curse of the Wolf Girl, Martin Millar, recommended by Jenny's books
- Tinker, Wen Spencer. Reread for book club.
- Queen's Play, Dorothy Dunnet, my library Nook book, which disappeared. Must re-check out
- Territory, Emma Bull (vacation book)
- Hammered, Elizabeth Bear (vacation book)
- Bad Prince Charlie, John Moore (vacation book)
- Interior Life, Katherine Blake (vacation book)
- The Rogue's Return, Jo Beverly (vacation book)
- The Hob's Bargain, Patricia Briggs (vacation book)
- The Secret Duke, Jo Beverly. Found under my bedside table with a bookmark.
- How I Met My Countess, Elizabeth Boyle. Also found.
I'm just poking at the vacation books; mostly I'm reading the top four. I've got the new Walsh/Sayers on my list, as well as some books due next week. I may have to do some fast reading tomorrow if I can't renew some stuff. I also think I'll pull out some nonfiction from my TBR piles.
Quick stats on my Challenges:
A-Z: 26/52. Halfway!
Cybils: 38/76. Halfway!
Global Reading Challenge: 9/21. I'm counting everything I've read so far.
Michigan: 1/2. Halfway! Review waiting to be posted.
Once Upon a Time: 8/5. I'm listing them before reviewing them.
Read Around the World: 9/20. Half of my books will end up being Ranger's Apprentice books. I'm signing up for a setting challenge because authors are hard.
Science Book Challenge: 1/3.141... I'll probably use a children's science book for the fraction.
Stream: 3/3. I found another biography in the references for my next read.
Take a Chance: 3/10. My dad had the Economist's Best of the Year 2010 list, which helps.
20/11: 16/20. Piece of cake!
What's In a Name?: 4/6. This is taking much longer than I thought it would!
Where Am I Reading?: 19/50. Argh! I went back to Alabama, Louisiana, New York, Massachusetts, but no new states.