Friday, August 5, 2011

July (mostly) Reading

It's been almost a month since my last reading check-in, so this pretty much covers all of July. I finished:
What am I currently reading? Far too much, thanks to my habit of reading everything on my NOOK at the same time:
  • Buffy, Ballads, and Bad Guys Who Sing
  • Dakota Ambush, William Johnstone.  Except I have lost it somewhere in my room...
  • Beyond the Frontier, Jack Campbell
  • Feng Shui, Robin D. Laws
  • Fever Crumb, Philip Reeve.  Cybils book.
  • The Bargain Bride, Barbara Metzger. 
  • The Shelters of Stone, Jean Auel (NOOK)
  • Horns, Joe Hill (NOOK)
  • A Killer's Kiss, William Lashner (NOOK)
  • The Dead and the Gone, Susan Beth Pfeiffer (NOOK)
  • Year of Wonders, Geraldine Brook (NOOK)
  • Wench, Dolen Perkins-Valdez (NOOK)
  • Terrorists of Irustan, Louis Marley (vacation book)
  • Bad Prince Charlie, John Moore.
  • Territory, Emma Bull
  • The Rogue's Return, Jo Beverley
  • How I Met My Countess, Elizabeth Boyle
  • The Secret Duke, Jo Beverley
  • Downbelow Station, C.J. Cherryh (reread)
  • Omnitopia Dawn, Diane Duane (audio
What will I read next? Well, I have some book club books lined up, and a bunch of challenge books.  Speaking of which, here's how I'm doing on those goals:
A-Z: 38/52. I have to review an "E" author and then I can add one.
Cybils: 51/76. And I'm reading two more right now.
Global Reading Challenge:12/21. I picked up a South America book, but I have a sinking feeling it's nonfiction.
Read Around the World: 16/20. Closing in!  And a lot of different continents, which is good.
Science Book Challenge: 2.141/3.141... No change.  I have a biography on my TBR shelf, though. 
Stream: 3/3, 1/3, 3/3, 3/3. This is really fun. I have to rein myself in from splitting in too many directions, though.
Take a Chance: 5/10. I'm picking through the Economist's list for #4.  And I have a library recommend for #1.
20/11: 19/20. If I review a book I've bought new, I'm done!
What's In a Name?: 5/6.  Must read book with movement in title.
Where Am I Reading?: 24/50. I need to review my Georgia book, and find my missing North Dakota book.

No comments: