Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lovely Day at the Library

Renton Library All the kids declined to accompany me but I managed to have a pleasant yet restrained time at the library anyway. I ogled books all over but only brought homes the ones on my hold shelf.

See, I clearly have far more books out right now than I can possibly read before the library calls them home, and I hate letting go a book before I'm ready. Luckily the 48 Hour Book Challenge is next weekend; maybe that will help me plow through a pile of must-reads.

I picked up:
Image of itemImage of itemImage of itemImage of item

  • The Fire Lord's Lover, Kathryne Kennedy. June Vaginal Fantasy pick.
  • Joshua's Song, Joan Harlow. This is for my kid, who was interested in the Boston Molasses Disaster.
  • Follow Follow, Marilyn Singer. Another book of reverso poems. I'm looking forward to this.
  • The Four Corners of the Sky, Michael Malone. This is on my TBR list, although from three years ago and I have no memory of why I put it there. I just have to trust myself.
I have a total of 57 things out on my library cards, which is a bit excessive. This is actually down from last week, because I had forgotten about the books out from the city library. Oops. But at least three are CD's, and I'm hoping the graphic novels will go quickly. But I'm definitely over my age, so no book buying for me this week.

I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader, where all the library addicts compare their treasures. And I think I'll sign up at Tynga's Stacking the Shelves, which asks for all the books acquired, which this week is just the library stuff.
STSmall_thumb[2]

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I would consider it a win not to have kids accompany me to the library. Then I could only focus on myself. But I'm a little selfish that way. ;-) I read The Four Corners of the Sky several years ago. Happy reading!

Beth said...

The main job of the kids is to keep me from checking too many books out. I'm feeling a bit over-extended right now.

I bet I put Four Corners on my list because of you! That make sense. Many of my normal books come from you (as opposed to the kidlit or SF books).