Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer of 2013

Solstice Wear
It's summer time again, and I'm belatedly announcing I'm going for the Book-a-Day-thing a lot of librarians sign up for. It's very relaxed, which is good, because I'm bone idol. I'll again try to get through a lot of the books piling up on my TBR bookcase, as well as whittle my library stash down. Of course, I'm also taking a giant exciting vacation in the middle of July, so we'll see how that works out.

It's based on an average, so you can read three books one day and then sleep for 48 hours. Everything counts, even picture books, which is handy since I just finished off the Cybils Nonfiction Picture books. I hope they help me out on the driving days.

This week kicks off the Summer Solstice (June 21st), so the books so far are:

June 21: Lord Peter Views the Body, Dorothy Sayers (audio), library
June 22: Mrs. Harkness and the Panda, Alicia Potter, (PB), library
June 23:  Smells Like Dog, Suzanne Selfors, (kidlit), library



No comments: