Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lazy Day Library Fun

Renton LibraryWe declared today to be an official "Do What You Like" Day, and only did what we liked. The kids especially wanted a day free from appointments, even fun ones like parties and camp. I, of course, wanted to go to the library.

I picked up two holds and one impulse pick:
Image of itemImage of itemImage of item
I now am down to a total of 41 things out on my library cards, which is fairly good, especially since it includes some picture books I'm saving for N and some music CDs. And it's all at the local library, which is also an improvement. I'm hoping to get the number down before the big July vacations; my summer book-a-day project should help with that. And, let me point out that I'm eligible to buy a book, since I'm MUCH older than 41. I'm eyeing the new Elizabeth Moon avidly.

I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader, where all the library addicts compare their treasures. And I think I'll sign up at Tynga's Stacking the Shelves, which asks for all the books acquired, which this week is just the library stuff.

No comments: