Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Reading Book a Day


The summer has finally kicked into hot gear, after a week of cool showers and even some thunderstorms. Today the sun unleashed some heat, enough that I consoled myself that I have an air conditioner. I didn't actually turn it on, but knowing I could was a great relief. I'm enjoying the company of my new high school student, whose picture is my theme for this week. As you can see, he's removed his tie, unbuttened the top layers, and generally relaxed after the Big Junior High Transition Ceremony.

I've stored up a few books in advance by reading the Cybils Nonfiction picture books. I'll have to reread them again with N; he's really stretching his literary skills and seems to like the science stuff. Then I concentrate on the library stuff that's about to expire; I haven't even touched my groaning book case of unread volumes. Oh well, July awaits.

The books so far are:

June 21: Lord Peter Views the Body, Dorothy Sayers (audio), library
June 22: Mrs. Harkness and the Panda, Alicia Potter, (PB), library
June 23:  Smells Like Dog, Suzanne Selfors, (kidlit), library

June 24: Eggs 1 2 3 Who Will the Babies Be,  Janet Halfman, (PB), library
June 25: Looking at Lincoln, Maira Kalman, (PB), library
June 26: Blue Jasmine, Kashmira Sheth, (kidlit), library
June 27:The Worst Case Scenario: Deadly Seas, David Borgenicht & Alexander Lurie, (kidlit), library
June 28: The Guardian (The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier), Jack Campbell, SF, library

No comments: