Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Catchup - What Am I Reading Wednesday

 
Monday, Wednesday, whatever.  I'm having a bit of a problem with my blogging rhythms, so it's just as well that the 48 hour Reading Challenge is this weekend, because that should jumpstart everything.

What did I read?
  • Heroes Return, Moira J. Moore
  • Dragonbreath: Attack of the Ninja Frogs, Ursula Vernon
  • Aunt Dimity and the Family Tree, Nancy Atherton
  • The Bird on the River, Kage Baker
  • The Outcast (Guardians of Ga'hoole #8), Kathryn Lasky
  • Dark Mirror, M.J. Putney
  • Virtual Community, Howard Rheingold
What trends do I see? I'm reading books by authors I know, or books for a challenge, with a preference for books the library wants back Real Soon Now.

Right now I'm reading: 
  • Curse of the Wolf Girl, Martin Millar, recommended by Jenny's books.  Fun in short dosages.
  • Obsessive Genius, Barbara Goldsmith.  Biography of Marie Curie.
  • The Commoner, John Schwartz.  On my nook.
  • Feng Shui, Robin D Laws.  On loan from my brother.
  • The Battle for Azeroth, ed. Bill Fawcett.  Analysis of the World of Warcraft MMORPG.
  • Territory, Emma Bull (vacation book)
  • Downbelow Station, C.J. Cherryh.  Reread.
  • Hammered, Elizabeth Bear (vacation book)
  • Bad Prince Charlie, John Moore (vacation book)
  • Interior Life, Katherine Blake (vacation book) 
  • The Rogue's Return, Jo Beverly (vacation book)
  • The Hob's Bargain, Patricia Briggs (vacation book)
  • The Secret Duke, Jo Beverly.  Found under my bedside table with a bookmark.
  • How I Met My Countess, Elizabeth Boyle.  Also found.
I'm concentrating on the top four, with dips into the fifth as a reward for actually finishing something.  I read the bottom hordes in dribs and dabs.

Up next will be something dusty from my TBR shelf, some more Cybils books, and Baking Cakes in Kigali from my virtual TBR list on Goodreads.

Quick stats on my Challenges:
A-Z: 32/52.  Small progress, OK as long as it continues
Cybils: 41/76. Inching along. As I finish all the picture books, things slow down.
Global Reading Challenge:  9/21. Stuck.
Once Upon a Time: 10/5.  I'm an overachiever. Time to start the Shakespeare.
Read Around the World: 11/20.  Stuck.
Science Book Challenge: 1/3.141...  I'm currently reading another biography of Curie.
Stream: 3/3, 2/3.  One stream has branched.
Take a Chance: 3/10. Reading #4.  I'm a bit behind.
20/11: 17/20.  If I caught up on reviewing, I'd be done.
What's In a Name?: 4/6.  The movement in the title one is hard.
Where Am I Reading?: 20/50. Stuck again.  Anyone have recommendations for books in Alaska, Arkansas, or Colorado?

No comments: