I haven't done a library report for a while, mainly because I've been hiding the number of books I've checked out from myself. If I discover how badly I've exceeded my self-imposed limit, who knows what I'll do? Things could go badly indeed. But we did go to the library last Monday, and I got a few things from the hold shelf and a single picture book from browsing. My numbers should drop a bit since I'm not checking out music; I'm listening to books on CD in the car instead.
The hold shelves delivered:
- This Lovely Life by Vicki Forman, which looks like a beautiful and utterly depression memoir following the birth of extremely premature twins. From my TBR lists.
- Bad Apple, by Laura Ruby, as YA book also from my TBR lists. I cannot remember why it's on there, but the cover looks interesting.
- Penny Dreadful by Laurel Snyder. Highly recommended by someone on the 48 Hour Challenge, so much that I skipped the TBR list and just put it on library hold. Also, I like the name Snyder.
- Lise Meitner: A Life in Physics by Ruth Lewin Sime. Book branching from the Marie Curie biography I read; this book is much thicker than I expected. Oops.
- Xenocide Mission by Ben Jeapes. I'm starting to stress about my A-Z challenge, so when I saw a reference to this somewhere I threw it on the list.
- Kidz Bop 15, part of our continuing musical journey.
I also found Harmony: A Vision For Our Future by The Prince of Wales. Since I'm struggling to find kidlit books by non-American authors I pounced on this as obviously by an actual Foreign Author. I sure hope I don't read the fine print to find he hired a Yankee to ghost write it.
That brings me to 72 items out on my card. That is much more than I wanted, but clearly less than 80. Go me! Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Clare from The Captive Reader take turns with the linky for Library Loot. That's where all us library lovers go to compare our hauls for the week.