This is the meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. What I read, what I'm reading, and a peek at what I'll read next, where I check up on my reading patterns for the previous week. Also, at Teach Mentor Texts they do another roundup that concentrates on children's books, which made up the majority of my reading this week.
This week I finished only books, three children books and two grown-up ones. I also read a few picture books for the Cybils challenge, and wrote up our response to the Early Readers:
- Making Our Democracy Work
- Go Big or Go Home
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns
- Dragon Castle
- Traveling Mercies
I'm showing eleven books on my currently reading list, which really isn't that bad. I do think I need to read more nonfiction, though.
- Vampire Academy, Richelle Mead. Gift from Librarything Santa, very teen vampire.
- Spellbound (Books of Elsewhere #2), Jacqueline West. TBR list. Girl tries to save boy.
- Anna Dressed in Blood, Kendare Blake. Cybils. Ghost-killer rides into a Canadian town.
- The Brooklyn Nine, Alan Gratz. RML. Stories, so far depressing, connected by baseball. Possibly a baseball.
- The Trap (Magnificent 12 #2), Michael Grant. RML. I still like the golem best.
- Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, Seth Grahame-Green (NOOK). For my book club. On Friday. Must read soon.
- Smart But Scattered, Peg Dawson & Richard Guare. The finish-a-book slot reward slot. My scattered son and I will take the tests real soon now.
- The Same Stuff as Stars, Katherine Paterson. Mom isn't coming back.
- The First Men In the Moon, H.G. Wells. Back to earth.
- The End of Racism, Dinesh D'Souza. The solution is for blacks to buck up and work harder.
- Honored Enemy, Raymond Feist & William R Forstchen. United against a worse enemy.
What will I read next? I've got a shelf full of Cybils books waiting (many of them almost due back to the library), the last library book left from the beginning of the year, and the reading my library pile. P picked Nerd Camp as our March book club book, so I need to get on that. Also, I gave myself a Shelfari goal to read my age in books before my birthday, but that's going to be tight. Clearly time to concentrate on easy kidlit. On the plus side, I've read some of the books I've been reading the longest, so the icon on the right will keep changing.
- Cybils: 36/80. Almost done with picture books.
- Global Reading Challenge: 8/21. Added Japan.
- What's In a Name?: 5/6. Replaced a weak entry with Christmas Angel.
- Where Am I Reading?: 12/50. Only need three more this month.
- TBR Double Dare. 12. If I count the library book that I forgot I own.
- Science Book Challenge: 1.141/3.14159. I need to read more nonfiction.
- Reading My Library: Some good ones in this month's pile.
- Eclectic Challenge: 2/10. Romance is done.