Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Science Book Challenge 2012

The photograph is by Todd Tyrtle (source),
 used under Creative Commons License.
For the past few years I've been participating in the Science Book Challenge, which is simply a way for people who enjoy reading science books to compare notes and get recommendations.  The challenge is to read pi books about science in 2012.  You can round down to three, but I figure the children's books I read through the Cybils picture book and YA nonfiction categories give me the decimals point to more closely match the goal.

I've been planning on signing again, and I think I just finished the first qualifying book, so this is my official joining post.  Three science books a year seems like a tiny goal, so here's hoping I do a bit better than the minimum.  After reading a book, I add it to their Book Notes, which is also a good place to go to find interesting books.  They also have a Facebook page, which contributes to my TBR list problems.

The woman in the image is safe within a Faraday Cage, by the way.

Science Book 2012:

  1. The Male Brain, Louanne Brizendine
  2. Delusions of Gender, Cordelia Fine

No comments: