I was trying to manage my hold list, but apparently I didn't pay enough attention to other people's due dates -- about three books skipped from 5th in line to on my shelf TODAY. Oops. I did manage to convince P (my only companion) to check out a book for himself, so that was another victory. Of course, X stole that book as soon as we got home, but most of my victories are short lived so I don't grieve too hard.
For the Cybils:
- Press Here, Herve Tullet, translated by Christopher Franceschelli. Picture book.
- Planting the Wild Garden, Kathryn O. Galbraith. Nonfiction picture book.
- Blood Red Road, Moira Young. YA fantasy & science fiction.
- Misfit, Jon Skovron. YA fantasy & science fiction.
- Breadcrumbs, Anne Ursu. Middle grade fantasy & science fiction.
- Anna Dressed in Blood, Kendare Blake. YA fantasy & science fiction.
- Emma Dilemma: Big Sister Poems, Kristine O'Connell George. Poetry
Also from my hold list, but not for Cybils (I've been waiting for this one for a long time) was:
- Sammy Keyes & the Night of Skulls, Wendelin Van Draanen
I needed to renew my stash of Reading My Library books, so I dragged P over to the next section of children's fiction shelves, assigned him one case and took the other. Three shelves per case this time, so I got (first three I picked, the next three are P's choices for me):
This brings me to a total of 43 items out on my card, which is exactly my age. Soon I'll have another birthday and have an excuse to keep out even more books! This includes about seven books that I finished but haven't blogged, so they didn't make it to the library sack for returns. I'm sneaking one book a few days overdue so I can finish it, but I also found a lost book that X was about to pay for, so there is karmic balance. Everything fits neatly in my library bookshelf, although the Challenge section is looking intimidatingly stuffed. I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader (this weeks host), where all the library addicts compare their treasures.