Sunday, February 26, 2012

Eclectic Challenge

No, of course I don't have enough book challenges going on.  Besides, this one should happen automatically; it's not like I'm going to be sitting around on New Years Eve frantically reading books.  Couldn't happen!

I'm joining the Book'd Out's Eclectic Reader 2012 Challenge, where the goal is to read books from twelve different genres. All the ones listed are subjects I've enjoyed before, so this should just be a chance to make sure I'm having fun all over the library. Since this doesn't look that hard, I'm going to try to fill it out with books I haven't read yet, although if December rolls about and I've got some gaping holes I reserve the right to go back and see if any of my January reads qualify.

The categories are:
  1. Literary Fiction: The Girl Giant, Kristen Den Hartog
  2. Crime/Mystery Fiction: Perry Mason and the Case of the Horrified Heirs
  3. Romantic Fiction: Christmas Angel
  4. Historical Fiction: (A Star in the Storm, Joan Harlow)
  5. Young Adult: Between Shades of Gray, Ruta Sepetys
  6. Fantasy: Echoes of Betrayal, Elizabeth Moon.
  7. Science Fiction: Orbital Resonance
  8. Non Fiction: Unfamiliar Fishes, Sarah Vowell
  9. Horror: The President's Vampire, Christopher Farnsworth
  10. Thriller / Suspense: Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
  11. Classic: Tales From Silver Lands, First Men in the Moon
  12. Your favorite (probably kidlit): Breadcrumbs
7/12

1 comment:

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Happy to have you join the Eclectic Reader challenge!
I look forward to seeing what you choose to read

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out