Friday, February 24, 2012

Solo But Successful Run

Renton Library
Due to unexpected sickness, I made a solo run to the library, which meant no helpful children throwing themselves between me and the books I could be checking out.  I had to throw myself, which is uncomfortable and gives me a crick in the neck.  Humph.

I dredged up some books to return, including the ones the library insisted on seeing back, and I'm really close to my age limit, especially if I give myself credit for my next birthday, which is right around the corner.  Two more Cybils came my way, and I remembered to freeze the holds on the next batch until I start catching up.

For the Cybils:
I also have two ebooks out, both Cybils books:
  • The Girl of Fire and ThornsGirl of Fire and Thorns
  • The Inquisitor's ApprenticeThe Inquisitor's Apprentice

This brings me to a total of 46 items out on my card, which is too many.  But a bunch of them are things I've finished that I keep around to lure the kids into reading, or rereading in the case of the beginning reader.  The towering pile of review-real-soon-now books is now lower than my lamp, which I'll count as progress.  I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader, where all the library addicts compare their treasures.

2 comments:

Mona @ Toward Infinity said...

Wow, 46 books! But that's great that you're working your way through them in terms of reviews.

I haven't heard of any of your loot but The Many Faces of George Washington sounds intriguing. It reminds me of a similar book I recently heard about, Lincoln Life-Size.

Your other books sound interesting as well. I'm curious to read your thoughts on Between Shades of Gray and The Inquisitor's Apprentice as I love YA/MG historical fiction/fantasy.

TP said...

The Cybilis challenge sounds like fun - hopefully I'll get to Girl of Fire & Thorns soon too.