Friday, February 17, 2012

Mean Kids Keep Me On Track

Renton Library
It looks like I'll be spending my midwinter break reading up on all the Cybils books that the library likes to surprise me with -- I staggered out of the library with a hefty load from my holds list, as my son swayed beside me with another big pile.  Tragically, or fortunately, he was feeling very grumpy with me and ignored my strong hints that he check out two series books that the New and Interesting kiosk dangled in front of me (the new Marjorie Liu book and the new Ilona Andrews).  Humph.

Since I have literally ten books waiting for reviews on my bedside table, I turned in almost nothing and now am over my age limit again.  I guess that's incentive for me to actually start thinking about what I've read.  I also kept out a few picture books that I'm pressing into kids' hands.

For the Cybils:
Also two book club books:

  • Image of itemAbraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, by Seth Grahame-Smith.  I've successfully dodged the zombie book, but now my book club forces me to the vampire one.
  • Image of itemThe Beekeeper's Apprentice, Laurie R. King.  For the (postponed) book club.  I've been listening to this but my sister prefers text.  Hey, I just realized I have no idea where I put down my library's mp3 player.  Oops.  I'm sure it's somewhere very safe.
I also have two ebooks out, both Cybils books:

  • The Friendship DollThe Friendship Doll 
  • The Girl of Fire and ThornsGirl of Fire and Thorns


This brings me to a total of 50 items out on my card, which is too many. This was the wrong week to start counting ebooks! On the bright side, nothing is overdue and nothing looks like it will get overdue.  I'm even keeping up with my ebooks.  Everything fits neatly in my library bookshelf, although the Challenge section is looking intimidatingly stuffed. And of course there is the towering pile of review-real-soon-now that threatens to crush my reading light.  I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader, where all the library addicts compare their treasures.

No comments: