Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Where Am I Reading Challenge

After all the fun I had last year storming BookJourney's Where Are You Reading? challenge, I'm going to try to do it again at a more sedate pace.  At the end of each month I'll check my numbers, and if I haven't garnished at least 5 new states I'll deliberately toss in enough to round up the numbers.  I think I'll also try to keep a running count; last year I mostly ignored books if I already had that location.

This year I'm also hoping to read a lot more outside the US, and I think I'll stick all unknown locations in Antarctica.  There will be many fictional characters inhabiting that snowy plain, I'm guessing.

After carefully studying the instructions and finally recognizing Google's paperclip as the "link" icon, I made and linked  a new 2012 map for this year's books:
View 2012 Where I Am Reading in a larger map

I'll list my favorite book, and then keep a count.  Of course, this will be harder once I've read more than one book.

Alabama: Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice
Alaska: Ancient, Strange, and Lovely
Arizona: Y The Last Man #4: Safeword, 2
Arkansas: Where Things Come Back
California: Operation Redwood, 5
Colorado: Chihuahua of the Baskervilles
Connecticut: Jane
Delaware: Jasper Dash and the Flame Pits of Delaware
Florida: As If Being 12 3/4 Isn't Bad Enough, My Mother Is Running For President
Georgia: Magic Slays, 3
Hawaii: Unfamiliar Fishes
Idaho: King of the Mild Frontier
Illinois: White Night, 2
Indiana: Home For a Spell
Iowa: Mary Ingalls On Her Own
Kansas: Moon Over Manifest
Kentucky: Oracle's Moon
Louisiana: Deadlocked
Maine: The Romeo and Juliet Code
Maryland: Written In Bone
Massachusetts : Alvin Ho, School of Fear, Fair Game
Michigan: North Winds Blow Free
Minnesota: Breadcrumbs
Mississippi: Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
Missouri: The Ghost Belonged to Me
Montana: Vampire Academy
Nebraska: Super Human
Nevada: Northward to the Moon
New Hampshire: How to Rig an Election
New Jersey: The Reading Promise
New Mexico: Wild, Wild Death
New York: Absolutely American, 5
North Carolina: Ten Miles Past Normal
North Dakota: Fargo Rock City
Ohio: Me And the Pumpkin Queen
Oklahoma: Thor: The Mighty Avenger, Vol 1 & 2
Oregon: Scarlet
Pennsylvania: Ghetto Cowboy
Rhode Island: Geometry of Sisters
South Carolina: Hot Water
South Dakota: Go Big or Go Home
Tennessee: The Hum and the Shiver
Texas: Which Big Giver Stole the Chopped Liver
Utah: Heaven Is Here
Vermont: The Same Stuff as Stars
Virginia: The Azalea Assault (Garden Society Mystery 1)
Washington: Twilight and Philosophy
West Virginia: Rock Bottom
Wisconsin: Stupid Fast
Wyoming: Close Range

Washington, D.C.: Drama City
*******

Afghanistan: The Man Who Would Be King
Canada: Half World, 3
Nigeria: Akata Witch
UK: Bindi Babes, 7
France: Anna and the French Kiss
Oceanea: Amelia Lost, 3

I'm putting states I'm currently reading but haven't reviewed yet in italics, which will matter during the end game when I'm frantically searching for the last few.

50/50

P.S.  World 66 has a nifty map that tracks where you've been.  I'm tracking where my books have been:

create your own personalized map of the USA or write about it on the open travel guide

No comments: