Saturday, April 21, 2012

Library Doubletap

Renton Library
I used the excuse of the Best of the Best challenge to load up my holds list again, so it was time for another library run. This time we went on the way to dinner, but most of the kids stayed in the car to propel us faster towards the eating part of the night. So I went in with only N and his mom; they picked up his two DVDs on hold that he picked out last week and I grabbed my six books from my hold shelf and then we dashed out to support education by eating at Wendy's. Again. (Two schools had their events on subsequent days. I am officially tired of Spicy Chicken now.)

N also grabbed three music CD's for me, mostly to keep me from wandering about and looking at books. He was showing off to his mom how much managing I need. I put them in the car without looking at them, so I'll be surprised by my playlist.

On the hold shelf I had the next two books in my TBR list, one fast-moving Best of the Best option, and a choose-your-adventure type history book which I saw at The Children's War. Oh, and two books my seventh grader asked requested that somehow ended up on my queue instead of his:
  • Child of Dandelions, Shenaaz Nanji
  • The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance, Elna Baker
  • Scarlet, Bendis & Maleev
  • World War II On the Home Front, Martin Gitlin
  • The Secret King, Violet Haberdasher
  • The Boy From Ilysius, Pearl North
The next day (Friday), I left P at the library to do some research while I ran some errands. And when picking him up, I sorta accidentally checked out a few more books, mostly from the children's section:
  • Mr Putter and Tabby See the Stars, Cynthia Rylant
  • Mr Putter and Tabby Spill the Beans, Cynthia Rylant
  • A Zeal of Zebras: An Alphabet of Collective Nouns. I want confirmation that these are real.
  • Seriously, Norman!. I've liked his picture books.
  • Thor, The Mighty Avenger Vol 1. X already stole this from me, as expected.
  • Within The Fames. Marjorie M. Liu's latest paranormal, about Eddy. I expect extra plot with my plot!
This brings me to a total of 41, wait, 47 items out on my card, plus a horde of ebooks. It's less than the age the 5K organizers a few weeks ago recored me as, so I'll be happy with that.  My plan is to keep putting up a review a day until I defeat the review-real-soon-now pile on my bedside table.  I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader, where all the library addicts compare their treasures.

No comments: