This week I finished three books on my NOOK, two books from my TBR list, and one of the slow books I poke at for months. The kids spent most of the week with their dad, so no picture books.
- School of Fear, Gitty Daneshvari
- Angels of Darkness, anthology (NOOK)
- The First Men in the Moon, H.G. Wells
- Slob, Ellen Potter
- Fate's Edge, Ilona Andrews (NOOK)
- Kris Longknife: Daring, Mike Shepherd (NOOK)
I'm showing thirteen books on my currently reading list, which seems about right. It's mostly kids books, but that's fine with me. I hope I finish some of the Reading My Library picks that have dragged here for weeks.
- Vampire Academy, Richelle Mead. These girls are walking on the bad guy side. Also, they are annoying.
- Heaven Is Here, Stephanie Nielson. Mother of four comes back from devastating burns.
- Misfit, Jon Skovron. (Cybils). Highly recommended by my seventh grader.
- Warriors: Sign of the Moon, Erin Hunter (RML). These RML seem to be piling up.
- The Eyeball Collector, F.E. Higgins. (RML). Is vengeance the right policy?
- Northward to the Moon, Polly Horvath (RML). Dull and predictable crush on cowboy.
- Angelfall, Susan Ee. NOOK. (Cybils) She has allied with an angel, and lost a sister.
- A Wizard of Mars, Diane Duane. I haven't read one of these in ages.
- Smart But Scattered, Peg Dawson & Richard Guare. How to monitor progress on a goal.
- The Same Stuff as Stars, Katherine Paterson. Fathers are problematic.
- Honored Enemy, Raymond Feist & William R Forstchen. Safe haven, for a few days.
- Knight of a Trillion Stars, Dara Joy. The hero is frighteningly stalker-y. I hope she dumps him.
- The Catholic Church in the Modern World, E.E.Y. Hales. Napoleon was not good for the Church.
What will I read next? Well, I'd like to finish all those RML books I've been dragging my feet on, and I need to get back to work on the Cybils. I'm also starting to fall behind on my 50 states, so I'll be looking for some books to round those off. But I'll probably grab the last Parasol Protectorate and read Timeless.
- Cybils: 50/73. I'm reading two more right now.
- Global Reading Challenge: 11/21. I need to read more stuff south of the equator.
- What's In a Name?: 5/6. Still need a land formation.
- Where Am I Reading?: 14/50. Need to review Massachusetts (I've read three), Georgia and Hawaii books. And finish the Montana, Utah, and Vermont books. Then I'll be caught up.
- Science Book Challenge: 1.141/3.14159. Nothing new.
- Reading My Library: Son has stolen the Ibbotson and Diane Wynne Jones books.
- Eclectic Challenge: 4/10. Well, 5, but I need to review them.