So, did I read anything while traveling? I sign up with the others at Bookjourney's blog to share what we are reading, have read or plan on reading.
This week I finished some things:
- The Help, Kathryn Stockett (NOOK)
- Green Princess Saves the Day, Alyssa Crowne. For Reading My Library
- POD, by Steven Wallenfells, a Cybils book
- Saba: Under the Hyena's Foot, Jane Kurtz. Another Reading My Library choice.
- Switching On the Moon, ed by Jane Yolen and Andrew Fusek Peters, a Cybils poetry finalist.
- Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life, by Steve Martin
- Crunch, Leslie Connor, a middle grade Cybils finalist
- Smile, by Raina Telgemeier, a Cybils graphic novel now running around the neighborhood
- This Lovely Life, Vicki Forman
- Strange Blood, by Lyndsay Jayne Ashford
I hit my library's ebook selections hard for my NOOK, and only bought along a few paper texts for times of electronic blackout or battery recharging. So only
- Truth and Beauty, Ann Pratchett (NOOK)
- Little Fuzzy, H. Beam Piper (NOOK)
- Moonshine, Rob Thurman
- Spilling Ink, Ellen Potter and Anne Mazer
- Darwin Arkwrignt and the Peregrine Pact, by A.J. Hartley
- Feng Shui, Robin D Laws. On loan from my brother.
- The Battle for Azeroth, ed. Bill Fawcett. Analysis of the World of Warcraft MMORPG.
- Omnitopia , Diane Duane (audio).
- Territory, Emma Bull (vacation book)
- Downbelow Station, C.J. Cherryh. Reread.
- Bad Prince Charlie, John Moore (vacation book)
- The Rogue's Return, Jo Beverly (vacation book)
- The Secret Duke, Jo Beverly. Found under my bedside table with a bookmark.
- How I Met My Countess, Elizabeth Boyle. Also found.
- The Terrorists of Irustan, Louise Marley. I snuck this into my vacation pile.
I'll keep clearing out my library stacks, both electronic and physical, as my next reading priorities.
Quick stats on my Challenges:
A-Z: 38/52. Nothing new. Still stalled. I have an "X" book waiting, though.
Cybils: 49/76. Big jump! Comparatively speaking.
Global Reading Challenge:12/21. Stuck.
Read Around the World: 13/20. We've got a new batch of picture books that advance things.
Science Book Challenge: 2.141/3.141... No change.
Stream: 3/3, 1/3, 3/3, 3/3. This is really fun. I have to rein myself in from splitting in too many directions, though.
Take a Chance: 5/10. I'm picking through the Economist's list for #4.
20/11: 17/20. No change.
What's In a Name?: 5/6. Must read book with movement in title.
Where Am I Reading?: 23/50. I added Mississippi.