Friday, December 2, 2011

Just me and the fifth graders today, since X was home slacking off and N home recovering from surgery. We stopped by to see the volunteers out dancing about with flags and cookies to promote the Self Check-in Machine, which is inconveniently located around the corner from the entrance.  But I love robotic devices, so we've been regular worshippers at the mechanical beast for months.  But it was fun to do it with cookies today.

Then we went inside and I went straight to the hold shelf, checked out my books, and fled.  P as well.  No CDs for us, since this is the time for radio Christmas All The Time.
  • Outsiders, S.E. Hinton.  This is our book club book this month. I'll try to get X to read it as well.
  • Mars: The Worst Case Scenario. This is really for P, who enjoyed the Everest version.
  • Akata Witch, Nnedi Okorafor.  This will honestly finish off Africa in my Global Reading Challenge.
  • Twin Spica 3, Kou Yaginuma.  Last chance to wow me again, young astronauts!
  • The Big Khan, Neil Kleid.  Unshelved put this on my TBR list.
  • Y The Last Man: Safeword, Brian Vaughan.  Book four.  
  • I Want My Hat Back, Jon Klassen.  I've read raves and incomprehension about this picture book.
  • Reaching For the Moon, Buzz Aldrin.  Recommended by Book-a-Day Almanac, which hasn't steered me wrong yet.
Did I mention that the New and Interesting display is actually on the way to the hold shelf?  It's not like I was detouring when I picked up the newish J.R. Ward book, Lover Unleashed.
      Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Clare from The Captive Reader take turns with the linky for Library Loot. That's where all us library lovers go to compare our hauls for the week.  The library notes me at 65 items today, which includes probably about ten CDs, so that's a lot of books.  I'd better get reading.

      No comments: