Sunday, July 7, 2013

Stocking Up at the Library

Renton LibraryWe are preparing for a long journey, which for me means a trip to the library. Audio books are a great solace to me when trapped in small moving containers, especially when I am operating those containers. It was fun to bring along A and some friends, especially when one friend managed to unlock her library book after some mishaps involving lost and late books.

I picked up five six holds (an extra one showed up between when I picked up my holds and when I checked them out, so I scooted across and grabbed it too), one impulse pick, and several spare audio books:
Image of itemImage of itemImage of itemImage of itemImage of itemImage of itemMidnight Blue-Light Special (Incryptid Series #2)
  • Last Laughs: Animal Epitaphs, J. Patrick Lewis & Jane Yolen. Cybils poetry book.
  • Chime, Franny Billingsley. I think this is a Best of the Best selection. Audio book.
  • One More Theory About Happiness, Paul Guest. The next book on my official TBR list.
  • Stronger, Michael Carroll. 3rd book in Superhuman series, officially for X but I'll probably read it too. The books seem to be closely linked so it's better to read them close together.
  • Darkroom: A Memoir in Black and White, Lila Weaver. A Cybils YA graphic novel.
  • Boy Princess 1, Kim Seyoung. A manga I heard mentioned somewhere.
  • Midnight Blue-Light Special, Seanan McGuire. I grabbed this from the hot-pick section, because I think I need a Blue book for a challenge. Also, I keep hoping to like McGuire's books but I can't get into her other series. I'll see if book 2 of this one grabs me.
Image of itemI crept back up to 43 things out on my library cards, but more of those are CDs which aren't a huge time commitment, since I just play them while doing chores. It includes one audio CD which has gone missing, so I'm hoping that floats to the top real soon. This means I get to buy a book, which I did from paperbackswap.com:
Real Murders, by Charlaine Harris

I'll go share my Library Loot at the event co-hosted by Claire from the Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader, where all the library addicts compare their treasures. And I think I'll sign up at Tynga's Stacking the Shelves, which asks for all the books acquired, which this week is just the library stuff plus one.

2 comments:

Jo Jean said...

Looks like you have some really good books there! Great haul!

Joann @ Paperback Lass

Jo Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.