Saturday, October 11, 2014

Books Are Fun


I may have checked a few more books out of the library this week. But I didn't buy anything! Well, except for an ebook that was on sale. Oops, almost forgot about that...

I think I need to pay more attention to my holds list. That's my weakness. And having to walk past the display of new and interesting paperbacks on my way to the hold shelf. That's another weakness.

The old library still looks like the picture, so I'm still in the smaller back-up library, which isn't as conducive to roaming about. So if I make it past the new book display, then I can weigh my library bag after emptying my hold shelf and head straight for check out. So all I really need to do is keep that hold shelf tiny. Currently I only have 4 books and 3 ebooks on hold, so next week at the absolute worst will be better.

This week I was delighted to see three books (well, five) on my hold shelf:

Wicked as They ComeKiss of SteelFountain and Tomb

Wicked As They Come, Delilah Dawson. The October Vaginal Fantasy pick.

Kiss of Steel, Bec McMaster. The October Vaginal Fantasy alt pick.

Fountain and Tomb, Nahguib Mahfouz. My 10th grader's teacher recommended this; he's making the kids read it.

I also walked past three new paperbacks from series that I like, so I grabbed them:

Blood of TyrantsThe Given SacrificePossession

The missing two books from my hold shelf are really for my kids -- both of them are racing through Scott Lynch's series but one prefers paper to ebooks. And the essay book is an attempt to prove that not all essays are dire forms of torture possibly unexpectedly developed by the Spanish Inquisition.

The Republic of ThievesBreakfast on Mars

badge-4So I still have 58 things out on my library card.  I have to keep my library card under my age or I ban myself from getting new books. So I should be banned. Humph.

I'll go sign in to Library Loot which is at The Captive Reader  this week to see what everyone else is getting.  Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Linda from Silly Little Mischief that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. 

No comments: